UNESCO and the Bonavero Institute of Human Rights of the University of Oxford will soon be launching a global Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) for judicial actors, to promote international and regional standards on freedom of expression and the safety of journalists. The course will be led by experts in the field of human rights and freedom of expression and will include high-level guest speakers such as UN Special Rapporteurs, judges from regional human rights courts, prosecutors, and human rights lawyers.
This free, five-week online course will run from 10 May 2021 through 7 June 2021, and will be open through 30 June 2021.
The 5 modules will cover:
- The General Principles and Scope of Freedom of Expression;
- Limitations on Freedom of Expression;
- The Right of Access to Information;
- The Safety of Journalists;
- Challenges created by the Digital World.